Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jimmy Says!

Well, ok, he said yesterday on You Tube that there are several things which can stall low carb weight loss.  Pop over to his website and watch the video.  Don't be put off by the beginning part with the Kitty.  Its not a cat cast.  

Apparently, peanut butter and grapefruit are out.  I had tried the grapefruit on the recommendation of another dieting guru, Ms. Sandra Ahten of Reasonable diet.  I tried it.  I don't think it really helped.  As for peanut butter, I had heard that there are diet coaches who recommend against all nut use.  Apparently, there is a problem with the hormonal profile of nuts.  I guess it makes sense.  After all, the little bitty thing is supposed to grow up into a big tall tree.  Its too bad, I liked both of those foods.  However, in the interests of my weight loss goals, I will for go the grapefruit and peanut butter.  I'm also skipping the wheat and dairy products.  

You may ask, well Alisha, what does that leave you with?  Lots of healthy fats, plenty of low carb vegetables, and some protein.  The other thing that Jimmy mentioned which may pertain to myself is that excess protein is converted into sugar.  I had forgotten about that.  At some point, I did know that.  So, I should also watch the portion size of my protein.  I had read on a forum that some trainers recommend no more than 20 grams of protein per meal.  Wow, thats only 2.3 ounces of chicken breast at a whack.  The Dr. Eades recommend 34 grams of protein for a person my size.  Thats about 4 ounces of chicken or 2.5 to 4.5 ounces of steak.

No comments: