Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Food, diets, and macro nutrients

I've been thinking about my diet.  I think that I haven't always lived up to my goals.  Its time to be a little more forward thinking and  a little bit selfish.  That means I'm carying my cooler.  That means I'm not eating what everybody else is eating.  That means they may not like it.  Too darn bad.  Its my mouth and I'm in charge of it.

New diet goals:
1. Get 130 grams of protein per day.
2. Get at least 1200 calories per day.
3. Get 3-5 servings of vegetables per day.
4. Get 1-2 servings of fruits per day.
5. Get at least 1 serving of coconut oil per day.

Low Calorie days: 1200 calories with a calorie and carbohydrate taper.
High calorie days: 2000 calories with additional carbohydrates.  Up to 60 grams of carbs per day.  

Its simple, the night before I cook my chicken and have my hot meal.  The day after, I eat my left over chicken.  

All of this is important. The exercise is important.  The eats are important.  Why?  Because my goals are important.  It matters how I take care of my body, mind and spirit.  If something is out of wack, its much harder to be an effective human being.  

No comments: