Thursday, June 11, 2009

Goals

My goal is to be a healthy weight.  I have fitness goals too.  I want to be able to run a 12 minute mile.  I want to be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping.  I want to be able to run for 60 minutes without stopping.  I want to be able to do boy style push ups.  I want to be able to do chin ups and pull ups.  I want to be able to do a Cathe abdominal workout without feeling like I'm going to puke.  It just takes a little planning, a little dedication during the workouts, and vigilance about what I put in my mouth.  I'm 55 pounds away from my goal weight.  I'm two minutes away from my mile pace.  I'm 14 minutes away from being able to jog for 30 minutes without a walk break.  I'm 44 minutes away from being able to jog for 30 minutes without a walk break.  

My health goals are tied up primarily in my diet.  I need to eat a low carbohydrate diet in order to properly control my blood sugar, give my pancreas a break, and restore my insulin receptors.  The whole thing is complex.  I also must use my yoga.  It is critical to keep my stress level down because without a calm mind, the body produces sugars and raises your insulin level.  

I only eat a small amount of grain post cardio workout.  This morning it was 1/4 cup of berries and 1/2 cup of steel cut oatmeal.  Later, I'm planning a second cardio workout of stationary biking and I plan to follow that up with 1/2 a grapefruit.  

Goals are important.  They help you stay focused on what you really want.  I really want to be fit.  I really want my health to improve.  

No comments: