Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday

I over came the urge to stay in bed this morning.  Yahoo!  I went out for my week 5 of the couch to 5k program.  This was a challenging workout.  I did not make it through the third jog without a short rest.  The rest of the week is intimidating.  I should have 8 minutes of straight jogging on Wednesday. On Friday, its the big 2 0.  Wow.  20 minutes of running/jogging without stopping.  I will do my best.  I will keep a slower, steady pace and hope that works.  I did 20 minutes of yoga afterwards.  I would have done more but my computer crashed and I was streaming the video off of Netflix.  

This morning's eats consisted of steel cut oatmeal, strawberries, coconut oil, protein powder, 1/2 a grapefruit.  Before my workout I had 1 ounce of peanuts.  That worked out really well because they don't fill my stomach up but have carbs, fats, and protein.  

I listened to Robert Ullrey's podcast with my workout this morning.  Afterwards, I listened to IOWL.  This is more of a top down approach to weight loss involving the head and the heart rather than a bottom up approach.  That concept I borrowed from Sandra Ahten.  She says that the bottom up approach is feet and stomach.  That would be anything involving diet and movement.  

My weight was up a little bit.  I tried an experiment over the weekend and it did not work.  I will go back to the longer fast on my low calorie days.  Oh well.  Also, I had tried adding soup as my mid day meal for my low calorie days, and it filled me up so much I was not able to eat enough calories.  I am not going to do that anymore.  I will lower my soup to one cup and add a side salad with olive oil.  


No comments: