Sunday, May 24, 2009

In Dieting Trouble

I'm in serious trouble.  I've been working really hard and I put on two pounds.  I feel horrible.  I did everything right.  Well, almost everything.  I did have protein shakes, some nuts, some andes mints, and I tried skipping breakfast as a different time of day to fast.  I was in ketosis.  I did not get 60 minutes in my THR each day.  I guess the only real way to know that its my body and not my diet plan is to follow the plan to the letter so that I can at least feel good about that.  So, revisiting what had worked in the past, I am going back to my high/low days.  This is what my diet principles look like:

Regards Eats:
1. Eat 130 grams of protein per day from fish, chicken, eggs, pork or beef.
2. Eat only olive oil or coconut oil for my fat source.
3. Eat less than 60 grams of carbs per day.
4. Eat only 1/2 cup of steel cut oatmeal per day as my grain source.
5. Eat at least 4 cups of leafy greens per day (2 at lunch, 2 at dinner.)
6. Stick to low glycemic index fruits including tomato, avocado and cucumber.
7. Eat only food that I have made.
8. Eat only 1 tbsp walnuts/day.

Do not eat:
1. KFC, 
2. Donuts
3. Wheat, corn, potatoes, carrots (estrogens), soy, 
4. Dairy
5. Chile Rellenos (looks like diet food, but is not)
6. Anything with hydrogenated oils
7. 

Regards Drinks:
Drink only water, decaf herbal tea or lemon water. 
Drink at least 8 glasses per day.
Do not drink any fruit juice, soda, or soda water.

Prepare foods ahead of time as much as possible to encourage diet adherence.
Take my supplements on time.
Eat my snacks on time.
Do my exercise on time.
Use my ability to say no to behaviors which hurt me.

Movement:
1. Cardio in my THR for 60 minutes 6x a week.
2. Yoga 5x a week.
3. Strength training 1x/week.
4. Cross train as much as possible.

Mind, spirit, and heart:
1. Maintain food log/journal.
2. Blog 1x per week (not daily)
3. Check in 1x per week (not daily)
4. Meditate 1x per week.
5. Use the "homework" concept from Motivation to Move podcast
6. Use the WRAP from Sandra Ahten.
7. Use the Re-Do from IOWL.
8. Listen to podcasts when doing exercise or chores.

A sample day's menu:
Pre WO 2 hard boiled eggs
Post WO 1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1/4 cup fresh blueberries,
Snack: Chicken bites (3 oz.) with cucumber
Lunch: 2 cups lettuce, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp vinegar, 1/4 of an avocado, 1 tomato, 5 olives, Turkey (4 oz)
Snack: Chicken bites (3 oz.) with jicama
Dinner (eaten only on high calorie days): 1 cup spinach, 1 cup sprouts, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp vinegar, pork or beef

Low day is about 1200 calories.  High day is close to 2,000.  I really hope that this works.  Also, I've eliminated salted nuts.  They are good for some people but perhaps are not good for me to snack on.  

Ok, then, Operation SO GOOD ITS DISGUSTING begins tomorrow.

My rotation:
Sunday: off,  Yoga
Monday: Jog Warm up 5 min. Jog 25 min. then intervals of 2 min. jog then walk hr down to 150.  Repeat up to minute 60 in my THR according to my HR monitor., Yoga Kathy Smith
Tuesday: Step Works on one set of risers, Yoga, Today
Wednesday: Jog (same as Mon.), Yoga Gary Bromley
Thursday: Cycle 60 minutes Steady state, HSCkt (Strength) 
Friday: Jog (same as Mon.), Yoga (netflix)
Saturday: Cathe Friedrich's IMAX on two risers, Yoga Today
Sunday: Make up Jog?




No comments: