Thursday, May 14, 2009

Motivation to Move

Is a podcast that I am subscribed to on iTunes.  I like both Scott and Joy.  I listen to them when I'm on my morning jog.  I haven't signed up yet for their pay to play service.  I'm still in the job market.  However, I really like what they have to say.  Scott emphasises (spl?) doing your home work and what he means by that is checking in with your self to find out how am I doing?  This is a powerful tool because you do it at least once a week.  You look back on last week and review your performance, how you felt, and what you would like to have achieved but didn't.  Then you look at the following week and decide how you would like to feel and what you would like to achieve or get done.  This is a powerful tool because it is invoking the power of setting your intent.  There has been a lot of research about how setting your intent has a dramatic effect on the outcome of any situation.  I learned about intent setting from Sandra Ahten.  I highly recommend listening to both of these podcasts, they are a wealth of knowledge.  I realize that phrase sounds like a cliche, however, in these cases, its really true.  

A link to Sandra 

A link to Motivation To Move 

I'm about to go on my second workout from week 6 of the couch to 5k program.  I'm almost all geared up.  Its gotten warm enough that I'm forgoing my college sweatshirt.  I'm all decked out in pink.  Its going to be a scorcher by the end of the week.  We expect to see triple digits by the end of the week.  I am going out earlier to avoid complete and total melt down lol!

No comments: