Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Low carb and my cardio

I do notice that my cardio endurance suffers when I'm really low carbing it.  However, I don't care because my goal is fat loss, repairing my insulin resistance, and avoiding diabetes.  I'm not training to be an endurance runner.  As a matter of fact, I read that training for more than an hour at a time releases cortisol, which I understand is released with testosterone, and as a PCOS sufferer, I am trying to avoid insulin and excess testosterone as well as excess estrogen.  

My personal goals regards my life and my fitness goals march hand in hand.  I want to become fit.  I want to become a yoga instructor.  I want to earn my MA in Psychology so that I can counsel others on how to be at peace with food, fitness and life.  I want to do that with Skype.  I want to empower people with knowledge.  I want to be effective.  I want to follow in the footsteps of diet coaches like Sandra Ahten, Renee Stephens, and to be an athlete like Cathe Friedrich.  I want to be smart like Jimmy Moore.  I want to be free of my personal fat suit.  I want to embrace the techniques which I know work.  

What do you want to do with your life?

No comments: