Saturday, August 8, 2009

Low Carb, Clean Eats

I am not always successful in eating only low GI fruits and avoiding the wrong fats/lipids/hormones in foods.  Todays weigh in showed that.  It was also a reminder that I need to weigh in more often.  Sigh.  

So, low carb eats are often high in fat.  I did the higher protein diet for a while and that did not work for me, it worked against me.  I need to watch the base in my diet and aim for alkaline foods.  I got a nasty kidney/bladder infection earlier this year on a protein diet and after that I decided to embrace the high fat lifestyle.  There are many people who believe that fat is evil.  I do not.  I ended up with PCO from eating a low fat diet.  I ended up morbidly obese eating a low fat diet and exercising.  Boo hiss!  I used to only do cardio and never did any stretching work well now I know that yoga is key.  So, everything I used to know I have thrown out.  

The method that has worked in the past is as follows:
1. Weigh measure foods
2. Only eat foods from the safe list (in other words never eat from the do not eat list)
The only way to determine if a food is safe is to eat it.  Weigh yourself the day before.  Way yourself the day after.  If your weight went up then put it on the do not eat list providing everything else was the same (time of the month, calorie intake, exercise, stress level.)
3. Yoga everynight
4. Cardio most mornings
5. Daily weigh in.
6. Affirmations, gratitude/goals journal, re-do, and pod casts for mental/spiritual strength


No comments: