Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Its been a long time since I posted.

But, here I am.  Sigh.  When I began this blog I thought I would be much farther along the road to healthfulness.  I encountered an 8 month plateau.  It was intense.  Filled with much exercise and when I finally just accepted being 210 thats when it bumped.  I decided to try calorie cycling and got a heart rate monitor.  I increased my cardio from 30 minutes up to 60 minutes most days.  I also have started using intervals style training to improve my performance.  I had gotten away from daily yoga.  I am sure that was an element in my prolonged plateau.  

Now I'm an avid listener to IOWL.  Thats "Inside out weight loss."  Its a great free podcast, you should check it out if weight loss has ever been a struggle for you.  Or, if you are like I was, stuck in a plateau.  

Btw, I intend to post my home work associated with that podcast on this blog.  I hope that you enjoy it.  I also intend to maintain control over my blogging/writing habit too.  I've been known to spend too much time on the computer.  I will be limiting myself to just one hour per week.  Otherwise it could be two hours a day and well I need to make a living and workout.  So. . something has got to give and my favorite distractors from real life- fantasy and analyzing myself are the things that must go.  I am more interested in action now.  I had a nightmare not too long ago in which I could not move my arms even though I was awake.  I kept trying to move and nothing happened.  I think that was my self conscious telling me that I don't want to be asleep anymore.  Even if what I have to do might be unpleasant.

You know unpleasant, like cold calls?  Like, a yoga workout that opens up fountains of emotion and leaves salty tear stains on your workout clothes?  You know.  Unpleasant.  Like cleaning the bathroom.  Or changing the kitty litter. 

1 comment:

Miss Charlotte said...

Wow! amazing post. You are really focusing on what you need right now. That's good.
One thing I've had success with while listening to IOWL is the idea of intent. Rather than saying to myself, "I'm not going to do x at all anymore," I say, "I intend to move x out of my life," and let it happen gradually. That's the way the change is permanent for me.