Monday, July 14, 2008

Good news!

My toe does not appear to be broken!  I think I just sprained it.  Today I was able to do a Cathe workout!  Woo Hoo!  Its been over a week since I had a cardio workout.  I've had one injury after another and now I'm ready to just hunker down and workout, work on my job, and study like a nut!  So I am changing this week's rotation yet again.  I felt so good this morning I did the dishes, moved the laundry, and cleaned the downstairs bathroom as well as seeing to it my brother had both his am and noon medication/meals.  Two weeks ago I sliced open my middle finger on my right hand.  I also gouged out a piece of my right toe with a ladder in the garage.  Over a week ago I injured my right shoulder/neck over stretching it severely then last Thursday I smashed my foot into a flat of sodas (not mine) and thought I had rebroken a toe that has been broken a couple of times before.  I almost went to get an x-ray but thought better of it when I realized I already knew what they were going to say.  So, this morning when I woke up and could workout I was over joyed.  Not to mention surprised as I could do the whole workout easily and was not working as hard at it as I was over a week ago now.  

The new rotation is just based on Cathe Friedrich's beginner's rotation, but since I don't have all the dvd's she uses I have modified it.  The DVD that came with my personal step (Pink for Breast cancer research.) is a little different than the Basic Step DVD.  It has 3 workouts but not the Body Fusion sculpting or the Total Body Sculpting.  I have many other workout tapes that cover similar aspects so I'm substituting those. Please visit her website for the Official beginner's Rotation.  Also, I'm not doing upper body because of the neck injury.  And for the same reason I am adding more stretching.  I'm also giving myself some walking to get back outside as well.  Btw, you could sub any lower body toning/strength workout for the Legs tape which is a tad esoteric and dated but its what I've got.  

Week 1, 2, 3
Monday: Basic Step, Esquire Dynamite Legs, Stretch Max 1
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Basic Step, Stretch Max 2
Thursday: Kathy Smith Cardio Timesaver (both 20 minute sections plus cool down.)
Friday: Basic Step, Abs of Steel, Stretch Max 3,
Saturday: 2 mile walk.  Yoga (upper/lower body work)
Sunday: Off

My body Fusion workout has both upper/lower body strength/toning work it so I won't be having that be separate later in the week.

Week 4, 5, 6 
Monday: Body Fusion  Stretch Max 2
Tuesday: Abs of Steel, 3 mile walk (Either outside or Leslie Sansone)
Wednesday: Body Fusion Stretch Max 2
Thursday: Off
Friday: 3 mile walk.  Stretch Max 1
Saturday: Firm Cardio resistance band DVD.  It came with the band.  
Sunday: Yoga 

I'm not planning any further than that.  If I can get it in the morning that is best but if it must be after work so be it.  

:)  Happy slimming!

No comments: