Friday, January 22, 2010

Yoga Day

Yoga Day is tomorrow. I have been practicing yoga informally for about 3 years now. I try to get in at least 2-3 workouts each week. They really work well as a long cool down after a jog or as a way to treat insomnia. I use Netflix and get my yoga dvds that way. I use YogaToday.com They are a wonderful resource for free yoga. Sarah Kline is my favorite instructor. I like Shiva Rae and Rodney Yee. Working with yoga has improved my posture, flexibility, the alignment of my spine, and the strength in my core. It has helped me deal with intense emotions and given me a place where I can feel at peace even when the world around me is a scary thing. It has helped restore my body from a car accident. Twenty years later, and I still have scar tissue to work on. I highly recommend this form of martial arts practice for all. Namaste.

No comments: