Monday, January 18, 2010

Jimmy Moore

Over at Livin La Vida Low Carb things are exciting because Jimmy's new book 21 Life Lessons has been released. I bought a copy just now at carbsmart.com I really enjoy his podcast, it has been a great help to me in my low carb lifestyle. I don't feel like such an alien listening to that podcast on my morning jog.

There are some people who have been on his show that do not advocate the use of cardiovascular exercise. I have to offer my opinion on this. I was insulin resistant and borderline PCOS with significant symptoms about 3 years ago. I also had depression at the time. I discovered that cardiovascular exercise greatly improves my response to the insulin in my body and elevates my mood. I try to get in at least 30 minutes of time in my THR most days of the week. I aim for 6 days a week but settle for 5 when life or my sore butt gets in the way. Sometimes, I've overdone it on those killer hills outside my front door and I can't walk for a few days. I highly recommend some cardiovascular exercise if you can do it. If not, don't. That may seem simplistic, but it isn't. You may find that immediately following a cardio workout its easier to digest and metabolize your food, as I have found. Just because someone says its ok to give up exercise consider how your body feels and what the optimal amount of activity is for your body, not someone else's.

I meant to keep my daily menus up here, but I've been uber busy.

So here is today's

Breakfast: Millet (low carb and gluten free, awesome!) coconut cream, coconut milk, 2 eggs and butter
pistachios (snack)
Lunch: Huge turkey salad with olives, olive oil, and fresh cauliflower.
PB and 1/4 an apple- I know its not really low carb but because of the serving size it was within bounds.

I'm not hungry at all btw. I will probably have hot tea for dinner cause I'm full.

No comments: