Friday, July 24, 2009

The mind is the key

Lately, the thing I have been using is the idea that "I genuinely do what is best for me."  That concept is an idea I heard on a podcast.  It seems to be working!  I turned down bread and butter (one of my favorite vices.) turned down the horrible fake voices in my head (Victory! One moment at a time!) and I turned down chocolate ice cream.  Thats a lot of successes today!  

Some of the tools in my mental arsenal include the gratitude journal, setting my daily intent, affirmations, motivational podcasts, online fitness forums, my best friend, and music.  I also take those lavender baths when I can.  I have read "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle, its helped me a great deal.  I play the piano, paint, and play fiddle.  

Life is good if you let it be so.

No comments: