Monday, February 7, 2011

Soy Free Eggs

Have you heard about these eggs? Apparently they are soy free. I did not know there was soy in eggs! I work really hard to avoid soy because its full of body-plumping estrogens! I read about this on Jimmy Moore's menu blog. I can't afford the specialty eggs and anything that has fish/shell fish is out for this house, we have a family member who is deathly allergic to anything oceanic. According to the cocofeed website, their chickens are feed a oceanic diet and I don't want to run the risk of someone getting ill in my home from fish. We don't even use sea salt here. It can be a problem.

I wonder if I need to go back to a vegetarian/vegan diet? One without soy? I can see doing a high healthy fat diet without meat. I already avoid dairy, it gives me shiners. I like olive oil and coconut oil. I like vegetables and fruits. Getting calories really isn't a problem. Keeping it low carb is not a problem (providing I'm behaving myself!) The only thing is I do have egg, meat and chicken cravings sometimes. There are mornings where I wake up wanting a pork chop. I wonder if they feed pigs soy? Is there a bunch of estrogens in them too?

What would a low carb, vegetarian diet look like? I do allow myself 45-60 g. of carb per day. Somedays I get more carb because I'm not paying attention. Those few moments in the morning when I first wake up are my weak point. I'm most likely to engage in sleepy eating at that time. But, I am getting off topic here, back to what I was exploring.

A low carb, vegetarian diet? My favorite vegetables are: spinach, green beans, broccolini, asian cabbage, bak choi, celery. I love those bags of lettuce mixes you can buy at the grocery store, pre washed. I like to get my carbs from GF steel cut oatmeal (1/2 c. serving cooked.) or fruit. Lately, I've been eating some Coconut bliss, the dark chocolate flavor. I love it and I eat a 1/2 serving 11.5 carbs.

Should I just switch to grass fed beef? I don't know. I hear a lot of good things about it but man its not cheap. I could eat vegetarian throughout the week and then have 1 beef meal per week. I would not be a vegetarian but it would reduce my soy exposure (if what they say is true, that the animals are being fed soy.)


No comments: