Friday, February 18, 2011

Fiber Brownies

I make an easy, gluten free, fiber brownie with ingredients from Trader Joe's. I use their GF brownie mix. I add an additional egg. I use Spectrum brand coconut oil. I add 1/2 c. of Psyllium, 1/2 c. of chocolate chips and a 1/4 c. of additional unsweetened coco. I bake as instructed. I cut them into half portions. Each comes to about 16 carbohydrates. It is an excellent post workout snack and is a great chocolate and fiber delivery system. I do melt the coconut oil before using. It must be cool to the touch because otherwise it will curdle the egg.

Do be aware, the brownie mix has sea salt in it, so if someone is allergic to fish, seafood or shellfish they should probably avoid this mix.

Have a wonderful, GF, fiber-ful day!

The El Dorado Dieter

No comments: