Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall

I love the fall. Its a wonderful time to enjoy the weather outside. Its cooler. Where I live, its still sunny punctuated with occasional rain storms which keep things more green and beautiful. I really love this time of year. A lot of runners love this time of year because we can really dig into our training. I'm currently working on some very tough hills. I have either a 4 or 2 hills trail that I run in my neighborhood, it depends on which direction I take. With sunrise being later in the day, I have been going out later in the morning. This morning I went for my run after 8 am and it was very cold out there, I really couldn't feel my fingers. I'm still doing a 'Truffle Shuffle' a la the Two Gomers. I wonder what their training for this season will be. I'm working on the Couch to 5k program. The only thing that is really in my way is those hills. They are really intense. I am working on the 8 min. intervals. I can do the first one, then the 5 min. walk, and then after the 2 min. interval at the top of the hill, I just get tired. I know I need to just push through. Really dig deep into my spirit and power through it. Its like the little engine said, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.


No comments: