Sunday, October 4, 2009

time to get in gear, lets go!

Vacation!!!!! I put on maybe like 5 pounds, I"m too scared to get on the scale. I'm getting uber serious about getting this off. I was ready to hike this morning but my ankle is still very tender from taking that fall last week. But, the good news is that diet is 80 percent so I will be good with my diet and be ok. Its worked before, I expect it to work now.

My planned eats for the next week are (not necessarily in any order)
vegetables: broccoli, asparagus, cucumber, celery, mushrooms, bok choy, cabbage, and snap peas, watercress, green beans,
protein: eggs, roast chicken, pork shoulder,
carbohydrates: buckwheat gluten free cereal, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries (frozen and fresh), kefir
fats: coconut oil, olive oil, walnuts,
drinks/smoothies: green tea, chamomile tea (at bed time.) coconut milk, and lemon/lime water.

Some of my favorite meals are stir fried vegetables, mushroom omelets, and green beans with almonds.

Planned activities have been modified because the ankle is not ready yet.
Sunday: off
Monday: yoga Gary Bromley
Tuesday: 3 miles with Leslie Sansone with weights
Wednesday: yoga Kathy Smith Yoga Basics
Thursday: 3 miles with Leslie Sansone with a stretchy band
Friday: off
Saturday: Hike 3 miles outside

I will be eating with the intent of losing weight. I am moving with the intent of losing weight. I am staying in the now with the intent of losing weight, improving my skills and creating a new portfolio. Life is especially good when you embrace each activity as fun and entertainment. Doing the best that I can is an end unto itself. I am still working on clearing out magazines, painting the pony for saddle pals, and getting the house squared away. Even though I've put on some weight, I feel like I have the opportunity and ability to get down to a healthy weight. I feel like there is hope and I'm ready to give being slender a try. I don't really know that being slender will make me happy, but I do know that not being fit makes me unhappy. Lets embrace the possibility of something different.

No comments: