Monday, September 20, 2010

The New Me

The top down approach (an idea borrowed from Sandra Ahten, to learn more visit her website.) for me includes my mind and spirit. I like to use the podcasts to help me stay focused. I also visit Spark People frequently to stay abreast of what is going on the world of dieting. I also participate in some of the forums over at Cathe Friedrich's website. For my spirit, I do have a meditation practice.

Have you ever heard or read that idea, "Behave as if." I like it a lot. I apply it in different ways and situations to great effect. In the weight loss arena, I have decided to apply it to my weight loss plan.

I am adjusting my diet plan. For the month of August I followed the 4 meals at 400 calories per day style of calorie allotment. That did work. I lost 2.5 pounds. However, come ttotm, I lost my resolve, and they came back. Since then, I have been battling a very high appetite and a low level of energy. I have decided to adjust my eating plan again. For the next two weeks I plan to eat like this:

Pre Workout Snack: 100 calories, 20 carbs.
Post Workout Meal: 500 calories, up to 20 carbs.
Lunch: 500 calories, up to 10 carbs.
Dinner: 500 calories, up to 10 carbs.

My rotation is designed to produce a 1 pound deficit per week.

6 days/week:
AM workout: 500 cal. burn cardio
PM workout: 100 cal. burn flexibility/strength training or low intensity cardio

My new rotation break down:

Sunday: off
Monday: Jog, Yoga
Tuesday: Cathe Step, Leslie Sansone 3 miles
Wednesday: Jog, Yoga
Thursday: Cathe MMA: Leslie Sansone 3 miles
Friday: Jog, Yoga
Saturday: Cathe Step, Leslie Sansone 3 miles

I am also setting boundaries on this thing. I don't want to become obsessed, I just want to be focused and to produce results. I will only allow myself up to 30 min./day to blog/ read about and think about weight loss. Other things in my life (career!) are equally important and must take precedence the rest of the day.

I would like to be back to where I was before the antibiotics started. Thats about 10 pounds from here. Thats my goal for this year. I would like to lose 10 pounds by Jan. 1, 2010.

No comments: